We hate to be those people who start talking about the next holiday the minute the previous holiday is over; really we do. But with marketing, it’s crucial to plan everything in advance and never to waste any time. So with Halloween now a thing of the past, small business owners need to turn their attention to the next milestone in the holiday season.
And fortunately, we’ve got a few suggestions to make your marketing efforts seasonally appropriate. (And simple, too!)
Simple Strategies for Your Seasonal Marketing
- Send thank-you notes. What could be simpler? In the season of gratitude, send a quick e-mail or even—gasp—a personal letter to some of your top, most loyal customers, simply letting them know that you appreciate their investment in your company. This genuine, humane gesture can help personalize your brand and foster major customer loyalty—because after all, who doesn’t love feeling appreciated?
- Start early. Whatever promotions, discounts, contests, events, or other special offers you’ll be rolling out around Thanksgiving, the time to announce them is now, this very week, preferably even this very day. Get on social media and let your followers know what Thanksgiving means to your company, and what they can expect in the weeks to come.
- Don’t forget about Black Friday and Cyber Monday. In fact, there’s no reason you can’t stretch these big shopping days out into weeklong or even monthlong events. Use these shopping days as hooks for ongoing sales or promotions.
- Give back. Arrange a can drive or some other service activity for your employees or your customers—and make sure to mention it on social media and also send out a press release. There’s nothing at all wrong with letting folks know about the good stuff your brand is doing in the world!
- Make a video. During the holiday season, a touch of humanity can go a long way; record a quick video of your team expressing some sort of holiday message—maybe just a big, hearty thank-you to customers—and post it to social media. You may be surprised how much it resonates.
Again, these ideas are all straightforward—but also quite likely to be effective. But don’t take our word for it: Try ‘em today. Call us if you need further assistance: Grammar Chic can be reached at 803-831-7444, or www.grammarchic.net.